23 January 2014

What Am I Carrying – Fear

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have long thought that fear is the root of all things wrong in the world.  We fear that we will not have what we need so we do not love, give, or care enough for others.  Fear hinders so much when we give it space.  There are so many things I would love to do but fear holds me back.

There is a narrow healthy place for fear.  My Grandfather told me once when I felt afraid of something, “It is okay to feel afraid.  Never let the fear be in charge.”  Christ does not want me to fear things in a way that hinders me.  He rather wants me to feel the fear and let it make me more alert.  He still wants me to see him in that moment and keep following.

I know that most of the terrible choices I have made in life have been mired in selfishness that is born of fear.  Just as guilt tethers me to the past fear often leads me off the path.  If I follow my fear I am not following Christ. 

Fear is only there to get my attention.  No matter the situation it is still Christ who must guide me.  No matter how I feel the reality is that fear must not be a burden I carry.  The how of that is a choice.  The how of that is not always easy.  If I continue to follow no matter how I feel then I will be alright.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment