15 January 2014

Mi Casa Su Casa – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

How often do we really need to give shelter to others anymore?  Yet we recognize the importance of hospitality for Christ followers.  It is only rarely that someone needs shelter in my home lately but when they do it gives me great joy to do so.  So how do I live out the command to have hospitality when there are few strangers knocking at my door?

My first assumption is that I must look for opportunities to be hospitable.  It must start with a heart conditioned to show openness and giving to others.  I must be looking for opportunities to give to the needs of others.  I must be outside of myself enough to be aware that others have needs.

What does it mean to live a life where hospitality is a part of my being and journey?  I am commanded to do so without grumbling.  I am to contribute to the needs of others by sharing what I have.  Being hospitable is associated with being holy, upright, and disciplined.  I have received and given shelter in time of need but I think there is more.

What are the things I can do that will make me a more hospitable person?  As I ponder this I wonder where the practical areas are in our current world.  I keep a spare room in my house for those in need.  I need to find a way to incorporate this into the rest of my life.  As I walk through my thoughts on this I hope you will join me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment