16 January 2014

Me Casa Su Casa – What About Time

Greetings Dear Reader,

Time is one of those things astounds me.  In a day we all have the same amount.  How I use it is what matters.  Do I give my time to others when they need it?  Do I manage my life in such a way that I am available to others?

One of the things that I have learned over the last few years is how much I can be flexible in this area if I choose to do so.  One of things that teaches me the most is watching the needs of my eldest Son’s family.  Because they have to young sons it is always tough to find time to do things.

I have found great joy in remaining flexible with them.  I cannot understand how parents can put time demands on their children when there are little ones involved.  It is so much easier to be kind and patient about time and events.  It I a way of giving time that really benefits others.

Time is also one of those gifts that when I give it I must give it fully.  I have a friend who will gladly volunteer her time for things but then complain about how long it is taking from almost the first moment of the event.  We need to truly give our time when we volunteer.  I must be vigilant that I give this gift as wholeheartedly as I do any gift.

If I truly wish to make my time your time then I must use my other time wisely so that I am not rushed or hindered by other cares.  Like any other resource I am accountable to use my time to follow Christ more closely.  That does not mean that I am only to be doing things related to church or ministry but rather that every moment is used to follow Christ with all that I am.  I must be available to others to meet the needs that present themselves.  In truth, my time is belongs to no one but God and I must assure that I share what he gives me with others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment