11 January 2014

What Fuels Me – Love

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are times when I am so filled with love for others that it overwhelms me.  I cannot do all the good I would do but I strive to do as much as I can.  I work to make this my prime mover.  When I succeed I make a difference in lives.  When I do not I cause harm and destruction.

Love is so powerful when it is given freely.  It quells fear.  It crushes barriers.  It changes lives.  It is when we fail to love that fear and selfishness becomes our motivators.  When I act out of love for others I can meet them where they are and invest in their lives appropriately.  When I do not I seek my own agenda.  When I do not act out of love things that do not matter take control of me.

Since love is to be my benchmark as a Christ follower it must be what drives me.  I have reviewed before that I must love my neighbor, my fellow believers, and my enemies.  For those who do not realize it that means everyone.  If I am fueled by love then I have the mover that allows me access to everyone.  It remains up to me to assure that I fire on all pistons with love for each person I encounter.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment