17 January 2014

Me Casa Su Casa – What About Things

Greetings Dear Reader,

Since possession are only to be tools to help in following Christ I must be ready to part with them when others have need.  I think it is easy to forget that we do not really own anything.  In light of the truth that all I have is allowed by God then “my things” are not truly mine.  If I fail to be generous with my possessions then I am not treating them as God would have me treat them.  Another aspect of this is that I am to depend on God for all my provision.  If I cling to things then I am not depending on God. 

I must also consider that “my things” provide me the opportunity to be generous to others.  If I cling to possession I cannot give freely.  Things I possess must not be possess me.  My things must be tools to the end of showing love, kindness, and generosity to others.

We live in a world where we can make a weekly television show about hoarding.  It takes an entire semi-truck toe move a household.  I have things I have not touched in five years.  All of this tells me that I must be generous with the bounty I possess.

Even as I write this I see things around me I do not need.  I begin to understand more and more why Christ told us to give things to others if they need them.  I must live a life where my things are your things because they are all God’s things.  If I can do this it creates a new level of freedom in following Christ.  The less I carry the lighter the journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment