09 January 2014

What Fuels Me – Greed

Greetings Dear Reader,

Please be patient with me Dear Reader.  I will get to the positive stuff.  I must, however, address the things that hinder me so I can honestly embrace the things that are good that drive me.  In most cases I am a generous person.  There are areas in which I am as greedy as Midas.

When I am fueled by my desire to possess something it is a horrid thing.  I replace my love for Christ with obsession for a thing that I cannot truly possess.  This leads to me making poor choices about how I use my time and resources.  This results in other areas of my faith and following being neglected. 

For me the missing piece when I do this is that I think that I can actually find joy or satisfaction in a possession of any kind.  The love of any item is a pointless love.  The collections become sources of pride and arrogance for me.  I use them to make my status seem better when in truth my status can be no better than when I am fully following Christ.

It seems that when I exercise my greed that my tank feels full for a moment.  Then just as quickly the satisfaction is gone and I want more.  Greed is a hunger that can never be satisfied.  It is lust that goes always unfulfilled.  It is fuel that is consumed too quickly with not lasting economy. 

When I am seeking to fill my tank I must avoid this costly choice.  I must gravitate to things that will sustain me.  That which is fueled by greed does not last on the journey. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment