21 January 2014

What Am I Carrying – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Every day when I leave for my other vocation I carry with me a pack that contains my laptop, my tablet, and some other technology I use in my trade.  It weighs about thirty eight pounds.  I always speak of the life I live as a journey.  It is my journey, our journey toward God.  I realize that you do not all agree with me but this is still where I am. 

When I pick up that pack to go to work it feels often heavy.  Recently it is heavier than in years past.  It has set me thinking of what I carry in my journey of life.  What are the things in my pack that hinder me?  What are the things which I should have with me at all times?

The journey is burdensome enough without carrying things I do not need.  Walk with me a bit if you will whilst I ponder this.  Let me know if I miss something.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment