28 January 2014

Stupid Human Tricks – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some people who are dear to me have become disillusioned with both faith and church.  I feel the pain of this daily as I pray for them.  I also endeavor to be honest about the gospel and following Christ.  Unfortunately I have not always done this and there are places where the church is not doing this well.

In an attempt to be clear I am thinking through some things that I feel we do as Christians that do not really communicate the gospel.  Please remember that these are my thinking on issues and not an attempt to tell others how to live.  I will say that it is vital that we consider all that we do in light of whether it communicates the Gospel and the love of Christ for everyone.

Unfortunately we still engage in things as a congress of believers that hinder the Gospel.  In thinking through these things I must assure that I only embrace practices that further the Kingdom of God in the ways that are a true reflection of who God is.  Too many times we damage the message by being poor messengers.

God cannot be judged by the actions of men.  It is a confusion of categories.  This does not mean that we do not judge God by his followers.  There is a car around town with a bumper sticker that reads, “Dear God, please protect me from your followers.” 

I am to follow Christ is such a way that others are drawn to follow as well.  I am responsible to put every area of my life into a perspective that echoes the things that Christ wishes others to see.  My journey is one that should draw others by my words and actions.  My journey must be free of the things that dilute and pollute the Gospel.  I invite you to walk with me and interact on these topics.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment