05 January 2014

The Real Twelve Days of Christmas – Twelfth Night

Merry Christmas Dear Reader,

I hope that his part of the journey has been enjoyable for you.  With the end of my post on the twelve days of Christmas I also complete my vacation.  I have had some good times and some needed rest. 

Twelfth Night cake - Origin of the
"King Cake"
It always saddens me a bit to put away the decorations and begin the long winter watch until spring.  I love the cold and snow but to me it is much more pleasant with the coloured lights and festive draping.  One of the most profound moments was when my Grandson said something that one does not expect from a three year old.

We were talking about all his presents that he got for Christmas and I light heartedly asked if he had enough presents.  He looked me straight in the eye and said, “We have enough presents.  We have lots of toys and I am happy.” 

So much of what we do seems centered around getting more.  I do not need more stuff and I truly lack very little.  This year I wish to give and become more.  I wish give more of my time to things that change lives. I long to become more loving to my family and friends.  I want to become more of a writer and less of any other professional pursuit. 

I may be putting away the trees and the decorations but I never truly put Christmas away.  I carry Christmas in my heart every day.  Nothing about it is more important to me than celebrating the Son of God by honoring him in all that I do with my life.  My last post on this will be with the Epiphany tomorrow.  Today I will mourn slightly over the departure of the trappings for a season.  I will not, however, put away Christmas as long as I live.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment