07 February 2015

Second Thoughts – An Amazing Day of Sacrifice

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I know my Sons and Daughter love me.  Today they went above and beyond.  If you read my writing in more than a passing way you know that my love for Star Trek is a part of my marrow.  Since I was a wee lad Captain James Tiberius Kirk has been the hero who gave me hope.

My children worked in concert to arrange for me to meet William Shatner today.  He was appearing at the local Comic Convention.  They bought tickets to the event and the admission to meet William Shatner.  They arranged the transportation and keeping me entertained whilst we waited.  They sacrificed financially.  They gave of their free time.  Maxim sacrificed time with his Sons to be a good Son to me.

In the few moments I had to speak to the embodiment of a life-long hero I said what I had rehearsed saying to him for years.  “I was a fatherless boy when you show premiered.  You taught me that there was always hope.  I would not have made it without that.  I thank you sir.”

He looked up and looked me in the eye.  I saw tears there as he realized I was serious.  He gave me fist bump and thanked me in return.  You see what was in my heart was to really thank him.  He received that gratitude graciously. 

As I mark a milestone that I did not ever expect to see I also wish to express gratitude to the children I love.  You sacrificed for me to show me you love me.  This man of words cannot express the gratitude he feels.  Thank you Maxim.  Thank you Bezel. Thank you Christmas.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment