07 February 2015

Say What You Need to Say - I Struggle With Sin

Greetings Dear Reader,

Faith and following are an everyday thing.  I try to give my life back to God every morning when my feet hit the floor.  I can lose that purpose by the time I get downstairs if I am not vigilant.  Little things that do not matter can derail my daily following.

I hate the struggle.  I hate that I cannot just decide that I will no longer do a thing and that is that.  Temptation, bad habits, and unmet needs scream very loudly for attention.  No matter how well I have done for how many days it only takes a moment of inattention to fall.

God already knows when and how I will fail.  He knows the sin that will overtake me.  He knows the wrong choices I make.  Everything about the struggle is related to my choices.  I hate that I have to choose.  I want to have chosen once and it be over with for that choice.

The problem would be that I would not want it that way for bad things.  It is the recurring choices that allow us to improve so there must, therefore, be recurring choices that degrade us.  It is a reminder that it is the journey and not the destination.

I can only succeed through faith.  I can only follow by choice.  I hate the struggle.  I want it to be a happy and easy path that is wide and quite navigable.  The problem is that the broad path leads to destruction. 

I need to say that it is not easy.  I know I make it look that way sometimes.  Please know that it is a struggle to do what is right even though that is all I really want.  There is still joy in the journey Dear Reader. Part of it is found in the struggle when God provides the will to do what is right no matter what the cost. 

Your company along the way helps Dear Reader.  You are a part of the joy.

Joy In the Journey – Michael Card

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey

And all those who seek it shall find it
A pardon for all who believe
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born of the Spirit
And who share incarnation with Him
Who belong to eternity stranded in time
And weary of struggling with sin

Forget not the hope that's before you
And never stop counting the cost
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey
And freedom for those who obey

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment