13 February 2015

Say What You Need to Say – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are many more things I need to say but most of them don’t fit into this niche.  In saying things there seems to be an overriding principle that must be observed.  Paul wrote that we should speak the truth in love. 

That seems to be a balance that is harder to strike that one would think.  We lie and we tell the truth in unloving ways.  Jesus’ brother, James said that we fail because we allow blessing and cursing to come from the same mouth.   We are not to be this way. 

I must say what needs to be said.  I must do it with love in my heart, mind, and intentions.  I must also have love in the words I choose.  One can say almost anything to anyone if they say it lovingly.  Too much of what needs to be said can come from an unloving place if we allow it.

I also need to be honest about who I am and how I feel.  I need to be open about how Christ has been there for me in my failures.  I need to be consistent in explaining that every good thing I do comes from his grace, mercy, and love.

There are many other things I need to say both directly and in the tales yet to weave.  For over four hundred days I have faced a blank page to share some of those things with you Dear Reader.  Thank you for your companionship in the journey.  I need to say how much I love you much more often than I say it.

The road goes ever on and on and it can be both hard and lonely.  It is the conversations along the way that in part make it bearable.  More important it is the thing I need to say to the one I follow.  Lead me to your door…

 The Long and Winding Road – Paul McCartney

The long and winding road that leads to your door
Will never disappear.
I've seen that road before,
It always leads me here, lead me your door
Many times I've been alone
And many times I've cried
Anyway, you'll never know the many ways I've tried
But still they lead me back to the long and winding road.
You left me standing here
A long long time ago
Don't keep me waiting here,
Lead me to your door
Don't keep me waiting here,
Lead me to your door
The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears
Crying for the day
Don't leave me waiting here (don't keep me waiting)
Let me know the way

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment