24 February 2015

On Truth – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Last evening I had a wonderful conversation about some intense spiritual issues.  I was reminded that there are things about which I do not think that perhaps I should.  There are things I acknowledge but also avoid.  If I am to be true to who Christ is and who he calls me to be then I must ponder these truths.  I must do so no matter how uncomfortable or difficult they may be.

I am going to walk through some of the harder truths of my faith and following.  I do not pretend to understand them all.  I do not pretend that I can defend them all.  I proceed from the supposition that there are many more things I need to learn.  I proceed from the position that there are truths that are absolute.

As I walk through this part of the journey please feel free to disagree with me.  Feel free to challenge me.  Please refrain from being inflammatory or pejorative. I promise to attempt to answer any honest questions but remember that this exercise is so that I can think through what I believe honestly and openly.

I proceed from this premise:  All truth is God’s truth.  If something is absolutely true then in originates with God. I am not going to discuss the reality or God in this part of the journey.  If you dismiss me because you do not believe in God that is your choice.  I do not mean that in a harsh way, it is just that I do believe.  I proceed to deal with the hard truths of that belief honestly.

Were we physically walking together I would pose these thoughts out loud and welcome your views.  I would pass you my canteen when you were thirsty. I would love you no matter whether you agreed with me or not.  Join me if you wish Dear Reader.  If nothing else it may prove  interesting.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment