26 February 2015

On Truth – Any Other Name

Greetings Dear Reader,

We all know that there is power in a name.  When someone says your name it automatically garners your attention.  We hope our name is called in some situations and hope not to hear it in others.  Our name is the sound that identifies us.  It is the writing that confirms and commits us. 

The name Jesus almost always gets a response.  It garners anger, joy, love, and hate.  It is used as a plea for deliverance and as an epithet.  People use it so bless and curse.  People try to limit its use.  People try to force it into conversations.

Due to the poor examples some have set over the centuries Jesus is equated with hatred and cruelty.  Some who claim to follow Christ use the name of Jesus for their own purposes.  This is the heart of the command not to take the name of God in vain. 

The name of Jesus is not a tool to serve my own purposes.  It is the common name of the living God incarnate.  I realize that sounds strong but it is also a truth that I have worked hard to acknowledge.  Harder still Luke tells us that we can only be redeemed by the power of the name of Jesus.  I realize that he means the person and work. 

It is a hard truth and it sounds arrogant that we claim that Jesus alone is the path to reclamation.  We do such a poor job of honoring the name of Jesus that to some it seems ridiculous.  The hard truth has elements that are true not by our acknowledgment but because they exist at truth.

I cannot force anyone to accept these things.  I can only hope to live a life that reflects them.  I believe.  I have faith.  I try to treat others well and give them the love and respect that Jesus has for them.

There are things that the name of Jesus commands:
He is truth.
He is God.
His is the only name that leads to redemption.
At his name at some point in time every knee will bow.

Neither belief nor unbelief can impact this truth.  The name Jesus has its own power.  He chooses to allow us a choice.  He is not going to force his truth on us.  He does want us to find him.  He constantly searches for us so that we will.

Jesus – Pat Terry

Jesus, my world is turning around you
It took quite a while but I found you
Or is it that you found me?

Master, telling my friends isn’t easy
Do you really think they’ll believe me
They’re bound to philosophy

Wouldn’t it be lovely if the whole world knew
No had to say a single word
Wouldn’t it be easy if the job were done and over

Jesus, there’s something inside that keep aching
I’m watching the whole world faking
They’re living hypocrisy
Master, I know they don’t know what they’re missing
Do you really think they’ll be listening
They’re facing fatality

Wouldn’t it be lovely if the whole world knew
No had to say a single word
Wouldn’t it be easy if the job were done and over

I think that my heart is breaking
I wish everyone would see
That you’ll find them like you found me

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment