05 February 2015

Say What You Need to Say – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I close in on the milestone of another year I feel a sense of urgency to not leave things unsaid.  I do not have a terminal illness and I expect to have many more years (my goal is 101 so that I can see Haley’s Comet with Orion). 

There are things I never wish to leave unsaid for those I love.  There are also things that I wish for you to hear Dear Reader.  Since this journey has a finite distance to its destination one must use the time wisely.  Since that terminus is unknown to the traveler procrastination can be hazardous.

Hoping that these writings will survive me in more than the binary on an archive, I want to leave a record of some things so that those who survive me know exactly how I feel and think.  I am going to write directly about things that may make you uncomfortable.  I assure you that I will endeavor to be kind, gentle, and honest.

There are things that worry, confound, and enthrall me that I do not often say aloud.  There is love and compassion that I do not express as often as I should.  There is fear in this for me but fear is not allowed to be in charge of a Christ follower.

As I dance through these thoughts I will endeavor to be careful of your toes Dear Reader.  Too often we say things that have little or no value.  Many times we need to say something honest and good but do not for fear of being misunderstood.  I do not wish to do all the talking here.  Please walk with me share your thoughts.  As a reminder my primary purpose for this writing is to be open about my thoughts in following Christ.  My secondary purpose is to listen to you Dear Reader and answer your questions.

Say What You Need to Say – John Mayer

Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations

Say what you need to say [x8]

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead,
If you could only . . .

Say what you need to say [x8]

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again

Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say [x24]

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment