25 February 2015

On Truth – First Duty

Greetings Dear Reader,


Our first duty is to the truth.  I think that so many of us believe this and have difficulty living it.  Integrity, honesty, and trust remain vital to our ability to function well as a society.  Yet it erodes around us continually. 

We seek the truth even when we believe there is no absolute truth.  It is not lost on me that saying there are no absolute truths is a contradiction.  There is truth.  There are vital and absolute truths. 

Since I proceed from the point that truth is a duty then my foundation is much more stable than when I call truth a convenience.  Some truth is very inconvenient.  Avoiding those inconvenient truths leads to great destruction.

If I do not pursue truth then I do not have anything to offer others that is of value.  It means that I must embrace the darkest parts of who I am in honest light.  It means that I must eradicate self-deception and denial of that which can free me. 

When I worship it must be in truth.  When I counsel or seek counsel I must do so in truth.  When the truth does not fit my preconceptions or designs then I must embrace the truth at any cost.  Pride will battle for me to deny. 

Jesus said that his is the truth.  If I hope to follow him then I must do so in truth.  The inconvenience will pass and the truth will remain.      

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment