17 February 2015

Every Diner – People are all Unique

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that just yesterday I said we are all the same and I stand by that.  In the infinite paradox, we are all different as well.  We are all snowflake unique.  We are the personification of infinite diversity in infinite combinations. 

Only man manufactures the identical.  Even in the things we create that we wish to be identical there are tolerances for variance.  At the molecular level everything has variance.  Some see these as flaws and others as uniqueness. 

This premise is at the heart of my belief that every person matters.  There will never be another Tom or Laura or Val.  I am privileged to know people who are one of a kind.  I get to see them become what they will become.  I get to love them and respect them.  I get to encourage and support their dreams. 

Some of these one of a kind individuals hate me.  Some of them do not even know me and they choose to hate me.  I get to love them too.  I get to respond to the negative with positive.  I get to see that they are unique and hope to show them that they are worthy of love.

I am honored to move through the world seeing the value of each person.  I get to experience the gifts and challenges of others and sometimes I get to help or honor another soul.  I get to be good to others.  I get to be a part of the unique journeys of others.

It is the heart of the Gospel that we do this.  It is the essence of creation that we are unique, loved, and valued.  It is the benchmark of Christ followers that we treat others this way.  It is the requirement of the one I follow that I live this way.  We are all the same but we are all uniquely different.

This is why the server, the cook, and the guy at the table behind me matter.  It is why I must remember to be nice to the guy at the servo when I fill up or buy a Coke.  It is the reason for taking the time to help people that cannot help me.  It is why I do almost everything the way I do it.  It is why I keep looking for ways to do it better. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment