28 January 2012

Anatomy of the Journey – Beasts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have met people who offend, bother, irritate, and horrify me.  I know that there are times when seem odious to others.  The problem is that the only way I can view others in this negative way is if I place my own self above them.  I am the crooked stick. I am the one who I must see as fallen and broken. 

Theseus and Minotaur,
Hyde Park, Sydney, Aus.
If I see others as the beast then I am judging them.  I am supposed to judge my own character and see that I am the beast.  I am the one who is selfish, self-centered, and self-serving.  I am the one who rejects others and fails to love them as Christ loves them.  I cannot grow in my love for Christ if I do not see that no matter what I see in others they are deserving of Christ’s love.

I must work to see everyone as better than me while avoiding false self-abasement.  I must not excuse evil or wrong doing but I must separate my feelings about the action from the enactor.  No matter what anyone has done I am commanded to love them.  I cannot journey well if I do not.  Setting aside the natural reactions of judgment and condemnation is necessary for me to journey today Christ. 

On the journey the only beast I need to worry about is the one I carry with me.  By God’s grace I must keep him at bay and not allow him to harm others.  A sure way to do this is to be careful not to judge others or view them in any light but that of Christ.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment