10 January 2012

Scrummy Conundrums


Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things unavoidable in life is choices.  Sometimes we have difficult ones and sometimes pleasant ones.  The difficult ones take their toll.  The pleasant ones can as well.  I have been thinking about the choices I make daily and how to assure that I make them efficiently without forgetting to focus on Christ.

I think that this is part of the reason I am to be constantly in prayer.  Even the pleasant choices require that I focus on Christ in them.  If I am choosing between two good things my heart must be set on what I think will draw me closer to Christ.  I do not think that I have to make the absolute “right” choice.  I do not think that God strains of minutia. 

I do, however, think that Christ wants our hearts to be focused on what draws us closer to him.  Even what kind of pie I have matters in that I want my choices to be what is pleasing to God.  Again, it is not in the choosing but in the attitude.  If I trifle about these choices then it is habit when there are difficulty ones.  If my habit is to consider what draws me closer to Christ in following him then the less than delectable choices are drawn into that pattern of thinking.

Anything I can preload to push me toward obedience to God in following Christ is a benefit.  Any time I can be sure that I have considered if my choice is loving God with all my heart I am ahead of where I could be.  So no matter how scrumptious the conundrum, it must be resolved in light of my love for God and his Son.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment