26 January 2012

Anatomy of the Journey – Traveling Companions


Greetings Dear Reader,

So much of what we do involves other people.  Christ’s second command was that we love each other.   He wishes us to do so to the degree that he loves us.  As I journey I have some many traveling companions.  There are people along the way who show me love and reach into my spirit to show me Christ’s love.  I have the unconditional love of my Children and I get to show them the same.

I get to travel with people who show me all the amazing facets of the infinite diversity that God has created in man.  That infinite diversity in its infinite combinations is of the things that drives my belief and the journey.  Even though I am fallen and flawed I can benefit those on the journey with me.  I can be kind and loving to them.  I can forgive them when they wrong me.  I can help them get up when they stumble.  Most importantly I can help them keep focus.

There are some with whom I travel who have lost that focus.  They have forgotten that Christ is whom they should follow and the he is the only guide to the destination.  I must only love them.  I must not judge, condemn, or reject them.  I must always try to walk with them in such a way that without saying a word I point them toward Christ.  It breaks my heart to see them not following.  In private I cry and pray for them to remember the path, the journey, and the destination.

We will have fellow travelers for the entire journey.  I intend to find ways to see their beauty and enjoy them.  I intend, by God’s grace to love them for all they are.  And I hope that for some of them I can be a source of encouragement, solace, and joy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. This is a good reminder, Mike, of who we are privileged to live life with, and how these people can change while some stay the same.

    ReplyDelete