21 January 2012

Anatomy of the Journey – Introduction


Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently a friend asked me about the closing in my writing.  Instead of a simple answer (as I am want to avoid those as often as possible) I have chosen to spend a week on the complexity of this small phrase.  This is much more than a simple witty closing to me.  It is the essence of how I view my life. 

The phrase arises from a song that is very dear to me.  By way of introduction I will share this with you first.  The song is Joy in the Journey by Michael Card.  If you have not found his music a vast and lovely treasure awaits you.  His music seems to address every aspect of the journey toward God. If you can, take a moment to follow the link before reading the rest of my post.  If not, read on.


Joy in the Journey  – Michael Card

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey

And all those who seek it shall find it
A pardon for all who believe
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born in the Spirit
And who share incarnation with Him
Who belong to eternity stranded in time
And weary of struggling with sin

Forget not the hope that's before you
And never stop counting the cost
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost

There is a joy in the journey
There's a light we can love on the way
There is a wonder and wildness to life
And freedom for those who obey
And freedom for those who obey


The thing is that joy is so much more important than happiness.  Happiness is fleeting and based on the current circumstance.  Joy is based on our perspective in the circumstance.  It is joy that can sustain us even when the journey takes us through dark places.  There are times when I am unhappy.  There is way to maintain joy during even the times of unhappiness.  It is because I am on the journey that joy is a potential.  It is only possible to realize that joy if I journey in the right way.  Please walk with me a bit and we can discuss it.  Meanwhile as always, I am …

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment