11 January 2012

The Blank Page


Greetings Dear Reader,

Every morning I awaken and face the emptiness of a blank white rectangle.  Sometimes I already know what I will write about.  Sometimes I spend time just staring and wondering what will spin out of my head.  Either way it is up to me what gets typed.  I am responsible what I put on the page and whether I pass it on to others. 

So many things influence my writing.  It is the impact of those influences that often translates to my books and blog.  I even write poetry but rarely put that into any public arena.  Much of what I write never sees anything but the depths of my hard drive.

What I am pondering today and have been since Sunday is the things that influence what goes on the page.  My Grandfather used to say “What’s comes up in the bucket is what’s down in the well.”  What I am inside and how I deal with external influences puts an imprint my words.

There is another blank page I have a small part in influencing.  I more intrigued by the influences that are most important to the things that are being written.  I got to spend the entire day Sunday with my Grandson.  In the last year and a bit his parents have written some beautiful things on his page.  His extended family is evident in the story he is becoming as well. 

What enthralls me is the level of social and emotional stability that has already imprinted on him.  He squeals with joy when either of his parents enters the room.  He has a similar reaction to his uncle.  It is obvious that in his home he feels loved and secure.  He is intelligent and learning rapidly.  He shows great delight in people.

There is so much to be written on this beautiful page and his story will unfold influenced by those around him.  I am driven to make choices that will write only good on this beautiful page that is my Grandson.  I examine all attitudes and actions that might influence him to be less than the beautiful person he has to potential to become.  I wish only to nurture him in positive ways and to bring no sorrow to his lovely face.

It causes me to ponder how I influence others as well.  What I write on their pages matter and ultimately influences how I am internally.  For the love of Christ and my Grandson I am working hard to purify my well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."



   

No comments:

Post a Comment