13 February 2013

An Unexpected Gift

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes people will honor you unexpectedly.  Yesterday was such a day.  A coworker came to my desk with a large bag.  It was a fully rib dinner from a local barbecue.  My colleague did not need to do this nor was it expected.  Her actions were solely to celebrate me and show gratitude for the work I do.

The meal was excellent.  I emerged with fingers covered in sauce and my belly was full.  Beyond that I realized how much the unexpected kindness had impacted me.  It made me wonder about this all evening.  This is random acts of kindness week.  Kindness is something I try to be intentional about but I also allow room for the spontaneous.

I think there is always room for more kindness.  The impact on me of this kindness was to make me wish to be kinder.  I am fueled to look for opportunities to be kind.  None of the things we do to be kind are wasted.  A great byproduct of being kind is that we find it harder to hold onto anger and hurt.  Kindness has a healing effect in me. 

When I am kind I feel better.  This unexpected gift of a dinner made me feel good as well.  It moved me to more kindness.  I hope to continue to grow in this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment