18 February 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some years ago a friend of mine told me about something he did in his pursuit of being closer to Christ.  This man helped me through a very difficult time and he said that his ability to do so came from this exercise.  What I am pondering here is something that frightens me.  If I do this honestly it could be both painful and taxing.  If, however, I can achieve a measure of the grace and holiness that I see in my friend it is a path worth traveling. 

Beginning tomorrow and for thirty days I am going to honestly pray a simple prayer.  I am going to make my first prayer every morning “Father please show me my sin.”

My friend told me that when he did this he was amazed at how quickly he began to honestly see the ways in which he neglected God and the needs of others.  So I am going to try this.  I cannot promise it will be pleasant or pretty.  I am going to be open and honest about my thoughts and responses. 

I am wondering if you Dear Reader are willing to walk with me on this path.  You need not say one way or the other.  I am the one putting myself out there.  If you do choose to walk with me on this path I am willing to have a conversation about it.  We can have that conversation privately or you are free to make comments on the Blog page.

I admit that I feel fear regarding this but then that is to be expected.  So tomorrow morning I will open the window and let in the light.  Though it may be harsh and revealing it will also be warm and guiding.  I know that if I am honest I will come through this a better man.  That is in keeping with my plans for the year.  Walk with if you will.  I know I could use the company.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment