03 February 2013

War – Thinking

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have learned that if I do not think I do what is wrong.  I must ponder everything except the few right actions that I have done so often they are habit.  If I do not consider my responses then I will offend, be hurtful, or be selfish.

I must think about Christ and his view of the world.  I must ponder how Christ would be with things that make me angry or even inconvenienced.  I must constantly seek to see Christ in the moment and follow his lead.  I must think constantly about what is the right way to think.

Everything I do begins with a thought or the ignoring of thinking.  I think about how I feel about a situation and then either thoughtfully respond or thoughtlessly react.  Whenever I react instead of responding it is likely that I will do what is wrong.  When I take a moment to think it gives me space to choose to do what is right.

I must not only think but I must think well.  If I am to make any progress in this war I must allow my thinking to be shaped by Christ and his example, his teaching.  For me it all begins in the mind.  If I do not have the mind of Christ in things how can I hope to follow him.

“To think well is to serve God in the interior court.” – Thomas Traherne

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment