06 February 2013

War – Losses

Greetings Dear Reader,

Every time I give in to my fallen nature it is a loss.  Every loss is cumulative ammunition for that nature to use against future attempts to do good.  My enemy constantly lists my losses in my head to attempt to hinder my plans for doing what is right.  Things like “you have failed as a father”, “you will never find a true companion”, or “you will never realize your dreams” are constant dirges of the enemy.  Messages from the past are always scrolling across the marquee of my mind to remind me that I have not value.

Even when I have done well and given my best that dark nature tells me I am worthless and a failure.  The only way this message gets silenced is when I recall what God thinks of me and cling to that.  I have said early in this series that the battle is constant.  Sometimes the war in my mind is maddening.  Fear and doubt try to paralyze me when I want to do something right. 

Everything about the war is fought in the mind first.  What I think about the accusations of the enemy determines what I do about it.  I cannot simply ignore the losses I have incurred or they will work silently on my mind and weaken my defenses.  It is necessary that I fight back and shut down the lying propaganda.  I must fight on, constantly battling the volleys of the enemy and by God’s grace launch my own offensive.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment