05 February 2013

War – Habits

Greetings Dear Reader,

Each morning I fill my water bottle, drink it half way down then refill it.  I have done this for most days the four years. There are things I do without even thinking about them anymore.  We all have good habits and bad ones.

Once again the war rages in this area.  I want to do good things.  I want to do them well.  Purging bad habits can be such a challenge.  It amazes me how difficult it can be to develop a good habit and to purge a bad one.  Of course the opposite is true as well.  Bad habits set in so easily and good ones fade quickly when neglected. 

The war on this front is one of will and determination.  I look at how things develop and ponder what I can do to change them.  It is always an uncomfortable act of determination.  Anything less and I will not become better disciplined or further prepared to do what it right.

So as I seek to fight a better fight I see things I must dismantle but often fail in the vigilance required.  It must become a habit to do things well.  It must become a daily discipline to avoid the things that weaken me.

“The things I would I do not and the things I would not I do.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment