22 February 2013

Thirty Day Challenge – Day Four - Procrastination

Greetings Dear Reader,

“Father, please show me my sin.”

So just for the sake of levity I actually thought, ‘I will write about this later in the month.’  I sin so often by putting off unpleasant tasks.  I see things before me that I should or must do and put them off until it is a pressure.  I am not lazy.  I just do not like to unpleasant things when there are pleasant things to do. 

When I see this in my life and get the unpleasant thing out of the way I always feel better.  When I do not it hinders my joy and the undone things nag at my mind until they are done.  The real problem is that I create deadlines that are urgent instead of just important and that hinders my freedom to be available to family and friends.

I realize in the grand scheme this is not as disastrous as some of the other holes in my character but it is a problem.  Worse, it leads to other issues that are more detrimental.  It is the small procrastinations that lead to great delays and important things undone.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment