26 May 2013

Second Thoughts - In Memorium

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I have friends, family, and students in the military.  Most of them have served over seas during the last decade.  I know one family who has three sons serving.  I would be remiss in my responsibilities is I did not take a moment to say thank you to those who serve so I can do as I please.

In that thinking I want to mention something that I think we do not realize as fully as we should.  Even those who seem just fine on their return home may not be so.  We need to insist that in every aspect of life we honor and care for our veterans.  We must assure that society welcomes them home and demands that their needs are met. 

They need time, jobs, education, and constant gratitude in the form of us being good to them.  There is no statute of limitations on the debt we owe people who put themselves in the line of fire for us.  We need to care for them and their families as if they are our own.  They are.

To those I know, I thank you for your service.  I thank you for your sacrifice.  I thank your families.  I will remember.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous26/5/13 20:53

    Beautifully said. You may not know that your Great grandfather Gehring (U have his typewriter) served in WWI
    And returned home as a war hero. In those days they did not understand the mental stress our soldiers suffered. He
    Was injured and had a metal plate on head and suffered
    From depression until the day he passed away.
    SO THANK YOU DEAR SON FOR WRITING THIS..

    ReplyDelete