02 March 2014

Bumper Sticker Religion – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have no bumper stickers on my car.  I find that in general they bother me.  Too often they shout out an opinion on something.  They tell me what to think about this or that issue.  They insult someone the driver may not even know.  Once in a while they are funny.  For me the occasional good one is not enough to redeem the species.

I think some of the most offensive ones are those that tell me what God thinks about social issues.  A close second are the hurtful ones that attempt to speak for all Christ followers.  I think this is a good way for me to reason through some issues that as those who attempt to follow Jesus we must address.

The one bumper sticker I saw that commented on this both made laugh and saddened me.  It simply stated, “Dear Lord please protect me from your followers.”  Since we are supposed to be known by our love for each other this is a severe condemnation. 

Feel free to interact as I walk through these things.  I would also like to hear which ones perplex, irritate, or offend you.  It may help me learn something.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment