07 March 2014

Second Thoughts – My Friend Richard

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I have a friend and colleague named Richard.  He is a teacher and true lover of chemistry.  I mean the scientific kind not the people kind of chemistry.  Richard is also a kind and patient tutor to our students who need help in maths and sciences. 

Richard writes a blog about chemistry which is well worth your time.  It is called Learning Chemistry Easily.  He did an excellent series on exotic materials and is not writing about gases. 

The reason I am writing about Richard is to thank him.  You see as a School Chair I must keep track of those students who struggle with classes or need help.  Richard is unfailing in his willingness to help those students.  He also is quite skilled in doing it.

I have students who would not have stayed in school had in not been for Richard’s care of their educational needs.  He battles quietly for each step forward in algebra and physics.  He patiently nudges people along the path of learning.  He learns things he does not know so that he can help students learn it.

The universe and my students are better for Richard and his work with them.  Thank you friend.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment: