29 March 2014

On Apologetics – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that I have not delivered any deep or new insights into apologetics discussion.  That was never my intent.  What I have done, I hope is revive my expectations of how I should behave in those times when I must defend why I believe.
The Humble Servant - Dan Pogue

I hope, also that I have cemented in my thoughts the purpose of apologetics.  It is not so that I can look smart or win an argument.  The purpose is the same as another exercise in the arena of the thinking follower.  That purpose is twofold.  It is to allow me to follow more closely with a deeper faith and to allow me to show that faith to others as reasonable and viable.

The honest apologist must carry the burden of the times of failure in the church.  He must also recognize those failures do not define and honest Christ follower.  Living the love and grace of the Gospel can heal those wounds.  Earning the right to be heard through the life of Christ is the only way we can erase the resistance that our failures have caused.

I must assure that my life his humble and generous.  I must insinuate love and kindness wherever I can.  Then when I speak of Christ and the validity of the Gospel I can do so on firm ground and there is a reason for the hope that is in me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment