17 March 2014

Second Thoughts – Prayer of St. Patrick

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

As I close out the day today I am mindful that it is my Dad’s birthday.  It is also Saint Patrick’s Day.  Today is meant to be a day when we see Christ.  For so many it is a day of drinking and revelry.

For me it is a day to remember the devout men and women who preserved the Western Church during the Middle Ages.  It is a day to recall those who came before me and held dear the faith that I share with them.  I pray this prayer in honor of them and the Christ we serve.  I hope to be this person every day.



Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment