25 March 2014

On Apologetics – Jesus

Greetings Dear Reader,

I am going to keep my word concerning not Bible thumping to express my thoughts on this.  I must, however, point out that we have little written records outside the Bible to explain who Jesus is.  I say is because was would indicate that he is in the past and my belief that he is God negates that usage.

I went through a period where I challenged the validity of God taking on human form.   As I emerged from this doubt I read as many facets for the argument as I could.  C.S. Lewis does a much better job at explaining things than I can.

In later years after I had embraced faith I found that the philosophical approach of Richard Swinburne lends to a very reasonable understanding of why it is credible that Jesus is God.  He avoids the minimalist arguments and instead takes a very systematic approach to the topic.

I will not parrot back his discussion here but if one honestly listens to his reasoning that must concede that it is both accurate and valid.  Outside of my own experience and my belief in the validity of the Bible I hold a sustainable belief that Jesus is the “Son” part of a living God who loves us.

I think that as his followers we really mess up the message but as my Daughter Christmas know, I believe the Jesus is God.  This belief is central to all that I am and hope to become.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment