28 March 2014

Second Thoughts – Rachel’s Rhythm

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

She dances in and out of my conscious thoughts with the ease of wind through sea oats.  The waves and whispers of the thoughts she delivers are always there.  She slips suggestions unseen into my writing and my interactions.  She is most clear when I am sad or hurting; reminding me to keep the faith and hold fast to the hope that got me through her loss.

I do not get to hold her hand or listen to her stories about the day she has had.  Instead she reminds me of who I am to be and how I am to act.  I miss her almost daily.  So today, her birthday, I ponder my life and the debt I owe her.  I want her to be proud of her father and see that he loves her even though we are separated by death and the veil.

I whisper her name and raise a glass to her as I end the day alone wondering what she would wish of me were she here.  The pain of her absence rises as I ponder her.  I embrace the pain afresh and let it live.  No solace is mine in this moment save that in future moments I will go to her.  For now I will honor her and remember that she is ever with us.  I will recall the promises we made each other as she left us.

Happy Birthday Rachael.  I love you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment