06 September 2017

It Was an Accident ~ A Matter of Honesty

Greetings Dear Reader,

To be able to tell the world about a discovery one must have a reputation for integrity.  Throughout the centuries many who share my faith have abandoned integrity for ease of argument and to maintain control.  In my opinion, when they made these choices they stopped sharing my faith.

As I read the literature on both sides of the discussion I see there is a great deal to bypass that is bluster and insult.  I realize that there is a great deal at stake here.  I understand that there is all of existence under discussion. 

Some naturalists see the scientists who promote intelligent design as lesser and undeserving of common respect in the scientific community.  “The theory of intelligent design is not based upon ignorance or religion but instead upon recent scientific discoveries and upon standard methods of scientific reasoning in which our uniform experience of cause and effect guides our inferences about what happened in the past.” (Stephen C. Meyer)

Earth seen from Saturn
In the same manner as Christ follower need to own the lies they used in the past to manipulate and control what others think, those who oppose intelligent design need to have honesty in reviewing the work of scientists who see the case for intelligent design.  The entire process must be one of integrity and respect among equals.  When either side tries to bully the other they weaken their own position.

As for us “common folk” we must honestly look at both sides.  When I think through these things I ponder all the information.  I consider everything that is said and the way in which it is said.  I have much more respect for Ben Stein in his approach than I do Richard Dawkins. 

The truth is that I must honestly listen to everything that is said.  That does not mean that I put anything at risk.  I am compelled to seek God with all that I am.  He wishes me to use my mind and be honest.  When I encounter the lies I ask why.  When I see insults and rejection I look for the motivation.  Honest science does not need to squelch differing investigation.  Honest belief does not either.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment