23 September 2017

Masks ~ The Jesus Mask

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think one of small things that is a great cancer is the meaning of “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.”  This is not simply saying the name of God or Jesus and attaching to it an expletive.  It is something much more sinister and infinitely more damaging. 

The true intent of the command is to refrain from using the name of God for one’s own purposes.  This then invokes that one cannot and must not hide behind a religious mask for gain, power, or status.  It is not permissible to use the name of God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit to further an agenda outside of the Gospel.

Think for a moment how very many organizations that claim to represent Christ instead represent greed, pride, and manipulation.  As an example, when you see “Christians” on television look at what they are really after.  If it is money or followers they are taking the name of Jesus in vain.  They are wearing a Jesus mask.

The impact of this kind of behavior is that the name of Christ is lessened in the eyes of those who do not know him.  The Gospel cannot be heard or seen for the cloud of faces asking for something instead of offering the truth. 

I must never wear a Jesus mask.  I must instead assure that I represent Jesus as he is.  I must not have any other agenda than to share what he is to me without mask or pretense. My agenda here is never hidden.  I follow Christ and wish that all walked with me; not following me but as equals.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment