04 September 2017

Second Thoughts – One Small Things, Part Two

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

If you read my last post on this topic about a coffee shop, you may enjoy this moment.  I know that I did.  As I was sitting composing my writing outline for the morning I was seated at a larger table.  I had not gotten out my laptop yet as I was awaiting space at a smaller table.  A group of five mirthful maidens were attempting to fit around a just emptying smaller table.  Another customer with whom I have become acquainted pointed out their need.  I immediately agreed that we should switch.

What resulted was one of those single serving friendships that I so cherish.  I explained that I was a writer and they happened to love my genre.   I was privileged to hear them talk and laugh whilst I hammered away at my newest novel.

It turned out as we chatted that we shared not only a love for good coffee but our faith and a one time the same place of worship.  In this brief connection my spirits were lifted and I got to see women of quality being good to each other.

They invited me to join them but I had words to get onto the page.  I did, however, carry the kindness throughout the day.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/9/17 03:12

    I love that, single serving friends ... it shows we don't know who will cross our path, but there's always a reason and always a chance to show Christ. We don't realise how all our interactions will effect others, making that connection with others is so important for our humanity.

    ReplyDelete