17 September 2017

Minced Words ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Please remember that I ponder these things so that I align my life and actions with what is right.  I am attempting to be transparent not judge others or dictate to them.  It is sometimes necessary to generalize to set the hard deck.

There are certain things that are required of Christ followers.  One of them is that we are to be straight with each other.  Another is that we are supposed to take care of each other.  We are supposed to love each other at any cost.  It is the example that Christ sets for us.

We fail to do this.  We say we will but we must actually do it.  I remember my Grandfather in one of his little churches on a Sunday morning.  The poor community for which he cared would take up an offering and give part of it to him for being their preacher for that Sunday.  He had gotten word that one of his congregation was in need.  He quietly gave the money to that man.

He was always that way.  You could count on him.  He was not one to mince words.  If he said he would help you could be assured of his help.  If he thought you were wrong he would lovingly tell you.

I want to be someone who lovingly says what he means and follows through.  I would rather be there for you and fail than fail to be there for you.  I must care for those in need and not just serve up promises of support in words that I can later mince.  I must pray when I say I will pray.  I must support when I say I will support. I must give when I can.  I cannot follow Christ without doing this.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous19/9/17 00:07

    Words are so important. But we now have a culture brought up to believe you can say what you like and there's no harm. *sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me* this is so untrue words can act like daggers and even when you use loving words and say your there for someone and your not it hurts more. We have lost sight of this. It's good to remind people that words have meaning, and so do actions. As Christ followers to speak words in love and have our actions match is so important for our humanity to show all the love and support God is for all. We must give to Him and show others His love. Thank you for speaking out in your blog.

    ReplyDelete