29 September 2017

Prayer: What Does Not Work ~ Tell Me NOW

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I discussed at length when pondering the Magic 8-Ball, I always want to know NOW.  I do not like not knowing but I am learning to live with it.  I am also learning that when I do know I have a better chance to make things worse.

One of the points of prayer is to exercise our faith.  Instead of that we often insist that God give us the answers right foot-stamping, lip-pouting, NOW.  We demand like petulant children that our Father give us the answers to our questions.  Further we often dictate what those answers must be when they are given.

That is the opposite of how this works.  Instead we are supposed to humbly make our requests steeling our faith to accept whatever the Father, our Father deems best for us.  We are not satisfied with the vital truth that our omniscient, omnipotent, loving Father knows what is best in every situation.  If he keeps things hidden from us it is what is best for us.  If he does not give us the answers we are required to have faith that he has things under his control.

I have questions.  They will not be answered on my terms.  When I pray for the answers that I want I must not dictate terms as to what or when.  It is just not my place.  It is a minimum disrespectful and at worst it is faithless.

I am required to live by faith. If I have all the answers I want that becomes impossible.  I must choose to follow as required even when I want to know now.

Things I Never Knew – Pat Terry

Lord I have a question that I haven’t found an answer for
Noting seems to make it go away
Your Book was strangely silent when I turned the pages in it
Though I thought you’d surely have a word to say

I have had this question for some time without an answer
There’s a different view in everything I’ve read
At times I thought I knew it but when it got down to it
It was just some words that someone else had said

If only I were with you when you walked down here among us
We could have talked it over face to face
Though I know you never left me all alone know I long to hear your voice
Hear your words, touch your face.

Oh one day you will come for me
I’ll kneel before you humbly
We’ll talk about the things I never knew
And all the things I couldn’t see
Will simply be explained to me
In words that could only come from you

Until that day I’m waiting here with upturned face and open ear
And if my questions never bring me truth
I’ll be satisfied to know
That when my time on earth’s no more
I’ll have eternity to talk with you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment