10 October 2017

42~Truths ~ Smooth or Crunchy

Greetings Dear Reader,

Amidst the fires, floods, earthquakes, and hurricanes I realize that this may seem trivial but it is important to me.  Some time ago I asked the question of some friends concerning peanut butter.  Which is better, smooth or crunchy?

The outpouring of opinion on it was vast.  Opinions were very strong in both directions.  Some people were downright militant in their view of peanut butter.  This caused me to do a little research into what people really think about peanut butter.

Here is what I found: 
  • Ø  Creamy wins as the most popular type of peanut butter, with 68% selecting it as their favorite.
  • Ø  Just 22% said they prefer crunchy.
  • Ø  9% would rather have extra crunchy.
  • Ø  And 1% named other favorite types, like all-natural or a mix between creamy and crunchy.
  • Ø  And when it comes to brands, Jiff, Skippy, and Peter Pan were named favorites.  Source:  AYTM BLOG

For me the answer is always smooth.  I do not like chunks in anything called a butter whether it be pumpkin, apple, or peanut.  I also am very picky about my uses of peanut butter.  PBJ of course but only Strawberry or Grape JAM, never jelly, and always made fresh not in a baggie.  I like it on toast occasionally.  I do not like peanut butter cookies.  I love peanut milkshakes.  I will also at times just eat it on a spoon.

So, what?   Where is the 42~turth here?  It is simple.  There is no RIGHT answer to how have and eat peanut butter.  There are those who dislike it wholly.  There are those who will cling like life depends upon it to a preference.  At the end of the day they are just preferences but we divide over them all the time.  We need to stop creating strife over preferences.

When I hope to show good to others I must allow for the differences that make us unique.  I must embrace the foolish oxymoron of chunky peanut butter if necessary.  I must not let my preference keep me from seeing the infinite diversity in humanity.  That Dear Reader is a 42~Truth necessary to follow Christ completely. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment