29 October 2017

The Stigma of Strangers ~ Refuge and Travel

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are designed for a journey.  The length and path varies for each of us.  We fall into step with each other along the way.  How we treat each other during the times of shared travel determines who we become in great part.

All travelers need refuge form the road at times.  The weather and weariness can make travel unsafe a times.  It becomes the obligation of those who are paused in their travel to harbor those who are in need of a place to rest and recover.  We are obligated to provide this for each other.

On the road we at times need to keep each other going.  At times we need to be a support and encouragement.  Sometimes we need to carry each other.  I have been privileged to be a safe harbor for some weary travelers over the years.  I love knowing that I can and am willing to do this. 

I also find joy in the times I have come along other travelers and we have been blessed to encourage each other.  Sometimes I get the rare chance to show someone how the path they think to divert to on their journey is unsafe for them.   We are meant to keep each other on the right way.

I must remember that refuge is only temporary.  We have not permanent place here; no lasting home.  I must keep moving onward toward the next mile marker, the next adventure, the next challenge.  There will rough and smooth patches.  There will be times when I am give the stigma of stranger.  Sometimes it will even be given me by those whom I have harbored or by those who know me and claim to love me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment