18 October 2017

The Three Endurances ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

“I may speak in the languages of humans and of angels. But if I don't have love, I am a loud gong or a clashing cymbal.”

Even if every work I say is true and exact there are other things that matter.  I know people who value being direct.  Their speech often lacks love and kindness.  They may say what is true but it does not mean that they are doing good. 

Words spoken endure.  They last and dance around in the mind to either comfort or harm.  Words can be salves or weapons.  It is the way in which we use them that matters.  Actions are the same.  They are easier to identify in their character but are either ill or good.  I have often shown that there are no secular issues or rusty swords in the battle over good and evil.

This may seem a tangent but in life we seek longevity.  We seek things that will endure after we are gone.  We want to be remembered.  Some become addicted to fame.  Some are willing to sacrifice everything and anyone for it.  We seek to endure in all the wrong ways. 

What does endure is what matters.  What lasts is that which lasts beyond this life, age, eon, or world.  I am pondering this because I want to invest my life in what matters.  I want to do what matters.  Please join me Dear Reader in pondering that which endures.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



1 comment:

  1. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. That's untrue and even if the words we use are correct most of our communication is with body language and tone. God shows us his love and compassion for us with out words. We always need to be aware of how our communication. Show Christ and live always.

    ReplyDelete