06 October 2017

Hineni ~ Be Prepared

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is so much more than the Boy Scout motto.  When it comes to being available to others it requires that we have our own situation managed so that we can be available and present.  Considering all the challenges of everyday life this may be more important than it seems to be on the surface.

When I do not deal with my personal shortcomings, difficulties, and pain I am not prepared to be available and present for others.   must not carry these as my banner.  I must not let the challenges define me.  I must be honest and open about them but I must deal with them.

There is not a single human who does not experience difficulties.  We tend to compare and neutralize things.  Instead I must assure that I deal with mine so that I can focus outwardly on others and their needs.  This does not mean that my needs are invalid or should be shuttled aside. 

What it does mean is that I trust that my needs will be met and that I must devote my energy to accepting this and remaining available for others.  I cannot say to the Father, “Here I am. Use me” if I have not prepared my heart and mind to be available to others.  No one I encounter wants to hear me complain and wail.  I can be honest about my struggles without doing this. 

I must always be prepared to see the needs of others, be present to comfort, and not seek attention through crisis.  That is not our banner.  That is not our place.  I cannot be available if I do realize that all the things that want to distract me are things that will pass.  The love and kindliness I show to others will remain.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment