01 October 2017

Prayer: What Does Not Work ~ A Matter of Will

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a matter of reminder, I realize that all of you do not pray of believe what I believe.  One of my hopes is that in dealing with these issues for my own growth I am able to also show that not all of us see God as a vending machine or complaint box.

One of the things that we forget to consider is what the Father wills.  We have free will.  I touched on this earlier.  That means that God allows us to disobey if we choose to do so.  It does not mean that we are required to seek what the Father wills. 

I think that we have become so familiar with what we call the “The Lord’s Prayer” that we do not remember what it is telling us to seek. “They will be done on earth as it is in heaven,” means that we are to pray for the Father’s will to match heaven here on earth.  This means that my will must match up with God’s and never the other way around.

I must exercise my free will to be willing to conform my desires to the Father’s.  Only when I seek that his desires be fulfilled here am I using my free will properly.  I cannot bend the Father’s will to mine.  That is foolishness.  I can chip away at the stony parts of my own will that do not conform to the commands to love God and humans above all else.  If I do the rest, will fall I line.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment