03 October 2017

Hineni ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

“The word 'Hineni' means 'Here I am' in a spiritual sense, which is what Abraham says and means to God to indicate his readiness when he is called on in Genesis 22:1.”  It denotes not only presence but availability.  I seek to understand my level of availability. 

It is not enough to be present.  One must be available.  One must be involved and active.  This axiom becomes obvious when thinking of things such as school, family, or work.  It is not enough to show up.  One must be available and involved. 

In the wake of a month of storms, earthquakes, floods, and murderous violence I ask if I am doing enough.  It is all too passive and easy to offer "thoughts and prayers."  As I wrote last week prayer must be accompanied by action.  I ponder if I am present but unavailable.  I know that I take opportunity to do good when it is present.  I wonder if I seek it enough.  I wonder if my yearning to be constantly aware of the good I can do in the moment is enough. 

I intend to briefly ponder the things for which I must be more available.  Some of this will be difficult for me.  Some will be simple review of things to assure that I am not only present but available.  Your company, questions, and counsel are always of benefit to me Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment