02 October 2017

Second Thoughts – Cell Phones of the Dead

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I used to be a war hawk.  I used to wish to see my enemies driven before me.  I am no longer that man.  As the news broke this early morning of the shooting in Las Vegas I was horrified at the losses.

I prayed, did my work, and checked on the events after lunch.  I hear one reporter say this, “I can hear the cell phones of the deceased ringing in the triage parking lot; loved ones trying to find them..."  This broke me.  I wept and prayed some more.  I then learned of Tom Petty’s passing. 

Then I heard people already playing politics or even the CBS executive that said “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc [sic] country music fans often are Republican gun toters [sic].”  I prayed for her.  I am glad that CBS fired her but what have we become?

Why do we need to do anything but care for the wounded and the families of dead?  I am ashamed of my leadership who would do anything else.  Even the President stayed away from the politics.  If he can do is so can we all.  The cell phones of the dead are ringing.  Who will answer them and comfort those calling?

I am ashamed that we are so divided.  Let us care for the losses before we are too late.  Let us show compassion for the families.  Let break records with our donations of blood, plasma, funds for those wounded.  The cell phones of the dead are ringing but the dead cannot answer. 

My friend Mark mentioned well that if we need to we can get back to our civil war later.  For now we need to shut up and do the work of healing.  Your politics, social issues, and religious views do not matter when it is raining .223 rounds.  Bullets do not discriminate.  The cell phones of the dead are ringing and wasting words on politics leaves them unanswered. 

The cell phones of the dead are ringing.  They are calling for you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment