24 October 2017

The Stigma of Strangers ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The first CD I purchased, back when CDs were young and adventurous had a song on it, Aliens and Strangers.  I still listen to the song (link and lyrics offered below), when I need to be reminded that I am a stranger passing through the word.  

Sooner or later we are all strangers somewhere.  I find it both adventurous and lonely.  I love meeting new people and going new places.  I never like being alone and yet it is how I spend much of my time of late.  Still when one travels one faces times of being alone and being a stranger. 


With all the talk of illegal immigration in our world, that form of stranger also often comes to mind.  These aliens and strangers come to us with great need.  How we treat them matters eternally. 

I wish to ponder both the stigma I am meant to carry as a stranger here and the ways in which we are required to treat strangers in our land.  The journey is meant to be that; a journey.  It is required that I remember that I am not here to stay. 

Join me for a bit as I walk the part of the path that reminds me that the road goes ever on and on toward some undiscovered country.  Your companionship and conversation Dear Reader is one of the things that gives me the courage to continue.

Aliens and Strangers – DeGarmo and Key

Sunday morning, and the pews are filled with friends of mine, yeah, friends of mine,
And, for the first time, I look around,
I realize, I realis...

My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger,
My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger.

I used to wonder why they act so strange,
Now I know, yeah, now I know,
I heard the preachers say this world we're in is not our home, it's not our home.

My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger,
My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger.

They're all pilgrims just passing through, heroes away from their homeland,
And, since I've discovered the truth, I look at my friends and I can't help but think that....

All of my friends, they're aliens,
Just passing through, yeah, they're aliens,
My closest friends, yeah, they're aliens,
My closest friends, oh, they're aliens,
Just passing through, just passing through,
Just passing through, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment