12 October 2014

Come as You Are – There is Hope

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we tell someone not to hope we lie.  It is really that simple. We are not in control of hope.  That is the purview of God.  In truth, it is vital that Christ followers remember that hope is one of our three great enduring weapons.  We deal in faith, hope, and love.  These are the things that endure.  We cannot destroy them.

God is the source of hope.  Joy and peace through faith can be ours and we can overflow with hope.  Christ and his resurrection are our hope.  That all things will be made good again is our hope.

I do not see how anyone finds hope outside of Christ.  I realize that this sounds politically heinous.  I am not hating anyone or condemning anyone.  I am saying I see no hope in the long term outside of Christ. 

This is why he wishes us to come as we are.  This is why he accepts us no matter our condition, past, or failures.  This is why we are never too far away to turn back to him.  It is why no matter how far or how long we have run away the journey back is a single step.  We need only fall in his arms.

There is nothing that can keep us from Christ if we only are willing.  This is my hope. This is my fuel and motivation.  Even as I weep for the needs of my family this is my tether to the journey.  Everything is encased in that hope.  It is how I get through the pain, the sorrow, and the longing.     

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment