05 October 2014

What are You Thinking? – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As the political season gears up I see with great joy that there are less political adds impeding my entertainment.   We are making choices about who will lead us socially.  Some of the choices seem bleak.  We must think through those choices laying aside preferences in light of the greater good.

It is in thinking that we create.  Every action begins with a thought.  Every life choice is based on thinking and so things must begin with thinking well.  I am going to spend some time assessing how I think about things as I make choices for my life.  How am I thinking as I advise and counsel others.

I must assure that I think well.  I must assure that I filter my thoughts through what it is to follow Christ.  His standards must be mine.  With all of that in mind I must ponder how I think.  I must bring into captivity every thought.  Thinking well is what leads to acting well. 

As I focus on sharpening that thinking I invite you to walk with me for a bit.  I treasure your thoughts and questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment